The Center continues to play an integral role in the vitality of Fairfield, Jefferson County and the southeast Iowa region by offering a variety of cultural and entertainment events as well as providing a multi-use facility for special events, meetings, business functions, wedding receptions and more.
In addition to hosting world-class entertainment on the Sondheim Stage, the Fairfield Arts & Convention Center supports the numerous philanthropic causes in our community's rich tapestry. Proving we are as diverse as the community we serve.
The Fairfield Arts & Convention Center enhances the quality of life and contributes to the economic vitality of Jefferson County and Southeast Iowa through education, entertainment, events, and the performing arts.
Specific contributions referenced by donors include:
- An economic impact benefit of $3.5 million to Fairfield and Jefferson County
- The purchase of more than $600,000 in goods and services from local businesses to support the Center's operations in one year
- Contributions to the community's children by providing outreach for area students including offering school time performances as well as bringing performers into the schools, impacting more than 3000 students and a theater camp
- Contributions to other area not for profits via $18,000 in gift certificates to support their fundraising efforts
The Center has welcomed over 600,000 people over the last 8 years and most recently more than 50,000 people attended performances and special events in 2017.
Funds received are used to support operations, including maintenance and critical upgrades to the facility. The Center will also continue to offer ticket prices and rental opportunities below other facilities to maintain affordability.
- Backdrop for area business team building events, presentations, trade shows and parties
- Home to the Fairfield Art Association's galleries,, Parsons College museum, the Barhydt Organ and Fairfield Media Center, Community Cooling Center
- Hosted 24 wedding ceremonies, receptions, baby showers and family reunions
- Southeast Iowa Farm Show
- Fairfield's location for our favorite non-profits to host fundraising events and activities
- 120 volunteers represent Fairfield and the Center to the more than 50,000 event attendees
- Summer Camp at the Sondheim
- School matinee performances for area schools
- Backstage tours, after school programs and artist Q & A events
- Area performances hone their craft at high school, middle school and community performances
- Budding theater stars perform alongside professional touring entertainers
- Live entertainment from around the world…Broadway, country music icons, tribute acts, puppets, acrobats, comedy, ballet
- From night clubs to the MET, we bring big city entertainment to your backyard
- Patrons from 281 counties attended Sondheim Artist Series performances, more than 10,000 and 40,000 attended events
- Family performances, those shows that parents and kids both enjoy without breaking the bank, all student tickets no more than $15 for any show
- It's not all on the stage, bingo, dances, trivia nights, karaoke parties…we don't need an excuse to have a good time!
With your help, we continue to make great contributions to the way of life and our local economy:
The Fairfield Arts & Convention Center is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.
Although the City of Fairfield owns our facility, we only receive negligible financial support from the City Council and no support from Jefferson County. It is imperative and necessary that we count on the financial support from the public.
Supporting your Center is easy.
Thank you so much for your continued support.