Have you ever been to a concert and wished the artist would play your favorite songs? That's what you can expect from Werner Elmker's Request Recital coming to the Sondheim Center on Sunday, May 13, at 7:30 p.m.
This is a great chance to hear some of your favorite pieces of music performed live on piano. During the recital you are invited to write down selections from a printed program of more than 100 music pieces. Master of Ceremonies Andrew Edlin will draw audience requests randomly, announce what the next piece is going to be, and Werner Elmker will then perform it.
Pieces to choose from are mainly classical masterpieces, but there are also some movie and popular tunes, as well as compositions and improvisations by Werner Elmker.
This recital is sponsored in part by Iowa Arts Council and Fairfield Iowa Convention and Visitors Bureau.
These are just a few samples from the list of music pieces you can choose from:
- Bach: Preludes, Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, Goldberg Theme, French Suites
- Beethoven: Fur Elise, Moonlight Sonata, Pathetique, Appassionata
- Chopin: Nocturnes, Etudes, Fantasie—Impromptu, Waltzes, Raindrop Prelude
- Debussy: Clair de Lune, The Engulfed Cathedral, The Girl with Flaxen Hair, Arabesque
- DeFalla: Fire Dance
- Faure: Pavane, Sicilienne
- Granados: Spanish Dance
- Grieg: Themes from Piano Concerto, Wedding at Trollhaugen, Lyric Pieces
- Joplin: Maple Leaf Rag
- Liszt: Themes from Hungarian Rhapsody in C# minor, Liebestraum, Consolation
- Mendelssohn: Songs without Words
- Mozart: Piano Concerto C major "Elvira Madigan", Turkish Rondo, Variations on Twinkle Little Star
- Rachmaninoff: Preludes
- Rodrigo: Aranjuez
- Saint-Saens: The Swan, Aquarium
- Satie: Gymnopedie
- Schubert: Impromptus, Ave Maria
- Schumann: Arabesque, Traumerei
- Movie themes and popular songs: Beatles songs, Main themes from "Out of Africa", "Love Story", Titanic, Chariots of Fire, Amelie, Lord of the Rings